* Over 15 Years of IT project management experience from requirement specification to delivery and maintenance of large complex projects within different industries like telecommunication, finance, public sector, health care.
* Versatile Project Manager with management experience of large complex nation-wide innovative projects within different industries like telecom, finance, public sector, health care. Promoted corporate competitive edge through delivery of critical products and services in highly competitive industries.
* Unique mix of software development background, management experience, accounting knowledge, IT security skills. Spearheaded on-site and off-shore project teams in delivering web/mobile applications, infrastructure upgrades in multi-year/multi-release initiatives with required quality, under schedule and under budget.
* Expert known for building strong project teams and close relationships across organizations by delivering clear communication, expectations, status updates to all stakeholders, including senior VP level. Fluent in multiple languages. Motivated project teams through employee empowerment and coaching, leading to greater accuracy, productivity and customer satisfaction.
• Software development life cycle
• Project management
• Management accounting
• Data management, analysis, reporting
• Crisis management
• Risk/Financial analysis
• Information systems security
• Strategy analysis and implementation
Scotiabank, Enterprise Digital Banking Technology
IT Project Manager/Scrum Master, Contract
Jan 2019 – Jun 2020, Toronto, ON
Managed Authentication services development team.
• As a part of a team delivered projects to enhance the bank IAM flows/controls using Username, Two-factor authentication in High-risk transactions for Caribbean bank customers.
• Managed Cloud migration, integration of in-house/ Azure/PCF cloud-based software under the program; helped to setup DevOps pipelines to automate Change/Release management tasks.
RBC Royal bank, Global Cyber Security, Cloud Security
IT Project Manager, Contract
Jul 2018 – Jan 2019, Toronto, ON
Managed Cloud Security Architecture team activities.
· Run daily Agile standup calls with AWS/Azure Cloud teams, Ventures, CloudOps, Risk management to mitigate identified high-risk vulnerabilities.
· Tracked Security DevOps team activities in Pipeline Security controls development.
· Took part in vendor selection/setup of IAM/PAM, SIEM, WAF, IDP/IPS, DLP tools, in Risk Management and Governance of cloud migration.
Bell, Corporate Security
IT Project Manager, Contract
Aug 2017 – Jun 2018, Toronto, ON
Managed multiple initiatives under Equinox program to improve Bell security posture.
· Managed external and internal teams in SAST and DAST testing of most critical Bell web applications.
· Led PCI DSS impact assessment from Corporate Security perspective, helped with Bell PCI compliance.
IT Project Manager, Contract
May 2016 – Jan 2017, Toronto, ON
As contract IT PM managed multiple projects under Integration program to align and improve business/IT processes after the acquisition.
• Commission Plans update and integration project – managed Callidus, AS400 teams to integrate the acquired company, migrate data and improve sales force motivation and the company profitability.
• Network Infrastructure projects – led VMware NSX, F5 Load Balancer installation and configuration, workstation/domain/mobile/Office migration, Active Directory switch, PCI infrastructure build/segmentation/hardening.
IT Project Manager
2007 – 2016 (9 years)Toronto, Canada Area
Elevated the quality and effectiveness of company PMO procedures to Waterfall/Agile/SAFe SDLC and ITIL frameworks by aligning operation practices with solid Management principles. Efficiently managed projects with up to $7 million annual budget and up to 50 direct reports. Managed contract relationships with vendors like Apple, IBM, Accenture, Callidus, Amdocs through RFP/SOW/SLA. Led major Data Center/network infrastructure and software (IVR/ERP/CRM/SAP) projects.
· Sales Incentive Systems program – managed 3-party state-of-art software Callidus installation and implementation as Commission tool in TELUS, that required the provisioning of powerful non-standard infrastructure, resolving performance issues, access configuration. Managed the operationalization and the migration from in-house deployment model to a cloud solution.
· Business Intelligence projects – managed a series of Commission Systems projects to update Commission DW/DM and reporting functionality based on Oracle/Informatica/ETL/Control-M/Power BI.
· Industry Device Blacklisting project – helped TELUS to implement industry-wide initiative to assist law enforcement agencies to combat the theft of wireless devices by introducing and maintaining a national blacklist of wireless devices that have been reported as lost or stolen.
· Digital Signature project – delivered AWS cloud-based application in 4-month aggressive timeline, that makes digital contract signing and delivery easy by converting traditional, static documents into mobile Web-based, interactive, smart interfaces, simplifying and speeding up the sales process.
· Contactless Payments project – executed the project that made all TELUS stores compliant with mandatory regulation requirement to have all POS able to accept EMV Contactless payments by EOY 2015.
· Channel Portal Security project – delivered IAM standard solution OpenAM for Portal Single-Sign-On, two-factor authentication for critical Sales Rep activities, Splunk analysis for Fraud management.
· Led PMO processes review and Internal audit with accents on new delivery KPIs, new EPPM tool and on Budget/Risk/Defect governance and management to help PMs to optimize PM deliverables and prepare for external audit.
Ontario Government – Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Senior Developer/Project Lead
2003 – 2007 (4 years)Toronto, Canada Area
Led software development, product management, quality assurance, implementation and production support for highly visible projects. Reported to senior management, including Deputy Minister, on project status update.
· Online Birth Certificate program – technical lead of front-end development in the first online service for Ontario public, which improved the company’s image by significant reduction of service time and by receiving an outstanding recognition – Canadian Project Excellence Award.
· Led design and development of Web application security framework for IT cluster, that promoted corporate stability and competitiveness through implementation of security code development and conducting operational performance improvements.
DATASTREAM DEP LTD, Belarus
TEAM LEAD/APPLICATION ARCHITECT/SR PROJECT MANAGER
1998 – 2002
Mid-size software development and telecommunication company
Managed large multi-years/multi-releases software development and infrastructure projects, managing teams, PMs, vendors. Responsible for all stages of SDLC based on Waterfall methodology. Through timely and consistent project delivery provided sustainable high sales and service revenue.
· Accounting software development projects – managed development teams and client relationships in series of projects to deliver customized software for financial/accounting departments.
· Telecommunication projects – led country-wide projects to install and configure fiber-optic equipment in multiple organizations, merge them into a single network.
IT and financial industries
1987 – 2003 (16 years)
Sr Project Manager,
Deputy Head of External Economic Activities Department in a bank,
Co-founder & CEO,
High school student Math competition
University of Toronto
2003 – 2004 (1 year)Science and Technology
ARCAF – Association of Russian-speaking Craft, Art and Fashion
Arts and Culture
Art brings people together, it enlightens a personal life and lives of people around.
Board of the Directors for York Condominium Corporation #466
November 2005 – March 2009 (3 years 5 months)Social Services
Supervised operational activities, took part in Corporation planing, budgeting.
More on LinkedIn