* Over 15 Years of IT project management experience from requirement specification to delivery and maintenance of large complex projects within different industries like telecommunication, finance, public sector, health care.
* Versatile Project Manager with management experience of large complex nation-wide innovative projects within different industries like telecom, finance, public sector, health care. Promoted corporate competitive edge through delivery of critical products and services in highly competitive industries.
* Unique mix of software development background, management experience, accounting knowledge, IT security skills. Spearheaded on-site and off-shore project teams in delivering web/mobile applications, infrastructure upgrades in multi-year/multi-release initiatives with required quality, under schedule and under budget.
* Expert known for building strong project teams and close relationships across organizations by delivering clear communication, expectations, status updates to all stakeholders, including senior VP level. Fluent in multiple languages. Motivated project teams through employee empowerment and coaching, leading to greater accuracy, productivity and customer satisfaction.
• Software development life cycle
• Project management
• Management accounting
• Data management, analysis, reporting
• Crisis management
• Risk/Financial analysis
• Information systems security
• Strategy analysis and implementation
Scotiabank, Enterprise Digital Banking Technology
IT Project Manager/Scrum Master, Contract
Jan 2019 – Present, Toronto, ON
Managing Mobile banking application team.
RBC Royal bank, Global Cyber Security, Cloud Security
IT Project Manager, Contract
Jul 2018 – Jan 2019, Toronto, ON
Helping the organization to migrate to public/private clouds.
• Run daily standup calls with AWS/Azure Cloud teams, Ventures, CloudOps, Risk management to mitigate identified high-risk vulnerabilities.
• Tracked Security DevOps team activities in Pipeline Security controls development.
• Managed Cloud training plan for a team.
Bell, Corporate Security
IT Project Manager, Contract
Aug 2017 – Jun 2018, Toronto, ON
Managed multiple initiatives under a major program to improve overall Bell security posture.
• Managed external and internal teams in Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) of most critical Bell web applications.
• Helped to establish the internal processes to incorporate SAST/DAST into SDLC.
• Managed internal teams in closing PCI audit gaps.
IT Project Manager, Contract
May 2016 – Jan 2017, Toronto, ON
As contract IT PM managed multiple projects under Integration program to align and improve business/IT processes after the acquisition.
• Commission Plans update and integration project – managed Callidus, AS400 teams to integrate the acquired company, migrate data and improve sales force motivation and the company profitability.
• Network Infrastructure projects – led VMware NSX, F5 Load Balancer installation and configuration, workstation/domain/mobile/Office migration, Active Directory switch, PCI infrastructure build/segmentation/hardening.
IT Project Manager
2007 – 2016 (9 years)Toronto, Canada Area
• Assumed Project and Program Manager responsibilities in different areas, such as IVR, Sales Incentive Systems, Subscriber Equipment framework, Repair Tracking program, Fraud management, Business Intelligence, POS and etc, with budget up to $7M per year.
• Responsible for project planning and implementation, including time, communication, resource, risk, vendor, procurement and budget management based on formal TELUS methods framework.
• Managed TELUS and offshore resources, vendor teams (Apple, IBM, Accenture, Amdocs, Callidus, ACL), with up to 100 directly reporting project team members. Provided status update to senior management, performance review of project teams to functional managers.
• Participated in major infrastructure and software (Oracle, WebLogic) upgrades, in operationalization of production support.
• Led application solution architect activities in some projects.
Ontario Government – Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Senior Developer/Project Lead
2003 – 2007 (4 years)Toronto, Canada Area
• Technical lead of software development, product management, quality assurance, implementation and production support for highly visible Online Birth Certificate projects, which improved the company’s image by receiving an outstanding recognition – Canadian Project Excellence Award.
• Reported to senior management, including Deputy minister, on project status update.
• Played the key technical lead role in design, development, and testing of web applications using WebSphere, security protocols (SSL/PKI), RUP/UML, J2EE, C#, Oracle, MQ Series.
• Led design and development of Web application security framework for IT cluster, that promoted corporate competitive edge through implementation of security code development and conducting operational performance improvements.
IT and financial industries
1987 – 2003 (16 years)
Sr Project Manager,
Deputy Head of External Economic Activities Department in a bank,
Co-founder & CEO,
High school student Math competition
University of Toronto
2003 – 2004 (1 year)Science and Technology
ARCAF – Association of Russian-speaking Craft, Art and Fashion
Arts and Culture
Art brings people together, it enlightens a personal life and lives of people around.
Board of the Directors for York Condominium Corporation #466
November 2005 – March 2009 (3 years 5 months)Social Services
Supervised operational activities, took part in Corporation planing, budgeting.
More on LinkedIn